Latest information about our service during the coronavirus outbreak. Click here.
Logo
Serving Fairfield, Litchfield & New Haven Counties since 1982

Be Aware of Carbon Monoxide Dangers in Your Home

Carbon monoxide dangers

One of the most serious problems you can encounter is a build-up of carbon monoxide (CO) in your home. The risk increases significantly during the winter heating season. Because CO is an invisible gas that cannot smelled, it’s what you feel more than anything else that can alert you to a problem.

However, because many CO symptoms mimic the flu—fatigue, dizziness, nausea—most people initially don’t recognize the danger of the situation.

That’s why it’s important to have carbon monoxide detectors in your home—especially in your bedrooms. If the detector sounds an alarm, ventilate the home with fresh air right away. If you feel dizzy or drowsy, leave the house immediately.

Identifying carbon monoxide leaks can be complex sometimes because there are various causes, including:

All of these situations could set off a CO detector, but conditions can change by the time our technician arrives, which can make proper diagnosis difficult.

You can help us by sharing as much information as possible so the source of the problem can be identified correctly.

Please contact us if you have any question or concerns about keeping your home safe from carbon monoxide.