Residential Propane: 10 Uses For Your Home
If you think propane is only for grilling, you’re missing the boat on one of the most versatile fuels around.
Clean, green propane can be used to power just about any appliance inside or outside your home. It burns hot and clean, is made in the U.S.A., and can keep your family warm and secure all year long. Here are 10 of the best ways to use propane gas to power better quality of life in your Fairfield, Litchfield or New Haven county home.
10 Most Common Uses Of Propane In The Home
- Outdoor living – Transform your ordinary outdoor space into your family’s favorite place to be by adding a propane-powered outdoor kitchen, an outdoor propane fireplace or fire pit, a propane patio heater or propane lighting.
- Pool heaters – Add weeks to your outdoor swim season with a propane pool heater; electric or solar heaters can’t touch propane and its water heating power.
- Cooking grills – Nothing beats the precision temperature control of a propane cooking grill. Portable and built-in outdoor propane gas grills heat fast and burn clean, with no charcoal residue, ash or harmful emissions to worry about.
- Furnaces and boilers – Because propane burns much hotter and heats more efficiently than electricity, investing in a propane furnace or boiler could pay for itself in just a few years. Propane heating systems last longer, too – typically about 50 percent longer than electric heat pumps.
- Hearths – A propane fireplace or log set will give you the beauty and convenience of a wood fire at the click of a button, with no set-up or clean up headaches. They’re also 5-6 times more efficient than their wood-burning counterparts, cost less to maintain, and don’t cause a dangerous buildup of creosote in your chimney.
- Water Heaters – High-efficiency propane water heaters cost up to 30 percent less to operate than electric heaters, with a recovery rate that’s nearly twice as fast. Bottom line: you’ll never run out of hot water – especially if you opt for a propane tankless water heater.
- Space heaters – Direct-vent and vent-free propane space heaters are safe, easy to install, and incredible efficient. They burn cleaner, too, with fewer pollutants and harmful emissions than fuel oil space heaters.
- Backup generators – Severe weather is becoming more and more common, and the power outages they often bring can be inconvenient or even dangerous to your family. Whole-house propane generators can help keep your family safe and comfortable and your house and valuables protected.
- Ovens and ranges – There’s a reason why 95 percent of professional chefs cook with gas rather than electric. With precision temperature control and more even heat distribution, nothing beats a propane oven and range.
- Clothes dryers – Propane burns hotter than electricity. Translation? Your propane dryer will operate about run about twice as efficiently as electric dryers. By producing less static, they also cause less wear and tear on fabrics.
Considering a propane conversion, or installing propane equipment in your newly built or purchased Connecticut home? We can help. Contact us today for expert propane delivery, propane maintenance, and propane installations in Fairfield, Litchfield and New Haven counties from the pros at Jennings Oil & Propane.
Please note: At Jennings Oil & Propane, your safety and comfort are always our priority. Please see our COVID-19 Service Update Page to learn more about how we are working to keep your family and our crews safe, your home comfort equipment working, and your propane deliveries coming during this challenging time.