Jennings Oil Company was founded in 1982 by Alfred H. Jennings, but our family’s roots in the oil business go back much farther.
- Alfred’s great-grandfather, Charles Darling Parks, served as president of the Star Oil Company of Danbury, beginning in 1923. Alfred would eventually assume leadership of that company in the 1970s.
- Alfred’s grandfather, Alfred Higson, founded the Higson Super Service Station and delivered fuel in the 1930s and 1940s. One of the drivers was Richard Jennings, the father of Alfred H. Jennings.
These deep roots in the oil business served Alfred H. Jennings well as he focused on growing Jennings Oil beginning in the early 1980s. In the years ahead, he would be ably assisted by his wife, Linda, and their three sons, Alfred Jr. (Skip), Jeffrey, and Robert, who now serve as the company’s second-generation owners.
A Few Highlights
- In the 1990s, we began offering heating system service and installations in addition to fuel oil delivery.
- In 2006, we rebuilt our heating oil storage terminal on East Franklin Street, transforming it into environmentally safe, 220,000-gallon storage facility with an automatic additive injection system to ensure our customers received the highest quality heating oil.
- In 2008, we purchased Silk Oil Company, including a one-acre property in Gaylordsville, CT.
- In 2013, Jennings Oil began offering year-round comfort services when we launched our air conditioning services (sales, installation, maintenance and repairs).
So today, when we say that serving the fuel and service needs of the Danbury area “is in our blood,” you’ll know just how much we mean it!